Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Plan

Okay, so my ultimate goal is to lose a whole bunch of weight. How am I going to do it you may be asking, well please read on to find out. Also, keep in mind that this whole weight loss plan is sort of flexible. I'm not (at least not yet) restricting myself to a super strict diet program. My hope is to get into a groove where I can consistently lose weight til I get to a point where I feel good and then I can maintain that weight with the same dietary and exercise program that I've been doing previously.

So without further ado, the current plan that I have to lose weight. My plan involves a lot of exercise, since that seems to be easier for me to do than watching what I eat. Although, I WILL TRY to watch what I eat from time to time.

I joined KOSAMA as a way of keeping my activity level very high for an extended period of time. I believe that KOSAMA is a better way to get me to exercise daily, because it is a group class and people will notice when I don't make it to class, so that is a great motivator. Also, they offer a class every week day at 5 A.M. which allows meet to get my exercise in for the day, while keeping my afternoons completely open. So I am able to run errands right after work, or meet up with friends or do anything social really after work, and I've already worked out. It's great.



So how is that KOSAMA going, you might ask. Well I've been doing the class for 6 weeks now. I've only missed 4 classes during that time period, so I'm sticking with it pretty well in my mind. And just as a side note, 3 of those missed classes were due to being out of town for the Whiley-Riley wedding, which was great. I haven't lost a whole lot of weight so far, but I can tell that there are differences in the way my pants fit, and in the way that my arms look, and several other indicators that I'm in better shape than I was.

I'm confident that I will see some drastic increases in weight loss when the holidays settle down. I know that the holiday eating from Thanksgiving and the buildup to Christmas have kept a few more pounds on than I would've liked, but if I hadn't been doing all that exercise, I could have gained weight instead of being down.

The ultimate plan going forward here is to continue to push the exercise envelope. I haven't done any straight up running in the last six weeks, but I'm thinking I can add the running exercise to the routine a few days a week while I continue to do KOSAMA daily. That way I'll burn even more calories and I'll also be training for that 26.2 mile run I want to do.

I'd like to take this opportunity to ask anyone out there reading this to suggest a good 1st time marathon. Please make any suggestions in the comments section.

2 comments:

  1. Hi David! Sorry this is a little late, but the KC marathon is supposed to be a good one for first-timers. I only did the half, but it's relatively flat with a few small up-hill stretches. Good luck!
    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete